.net Domain Names
A GREAT PLACE TO LAUNCH YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
Original, recognized, reliable – .net is one of the oldest and most enduring TLDs on the web. Second only to .com in popularity, this tried-and-true domain is registered on 15 million websites worldwide and has one of the strongest aftermarket values of any extension. For individuals and businesses everywhere, .net is an authentic and trusted choice. When you register this or any domain with RegistryServer, you'll also get some great features, such as a free year of WhoisGuard security to protect your identity, reliable DNS and top-level customer support.
Bring your idea to life on the web with a .net
If you want your business, product or idea to stand out on the Web, you need to start with the right domain. Get a .net and get the name you really want while still maintaining your individuality.
- Be confident. As one of the Web's first domains, .net has credibility that only comes with experience. Choose .net and join a smart, ambitious group who's ready to change the game.
- Be different. Your business is unique; your domain should be too. With a .net, you can build a brand that reflects your individuality.
- Be recognizable. While .net is one of the most popular domains on the Web, there are still millions of names available, so you can get the domain you really want.
What you get with a .net domain name:
- The domain name you want so you can brand your business your way.
- A trusted and credible name that your customers can find quickly and easily.
- A domain that's synonymous with innovative online businesses.
- Assigning: .NET domains are open to everyone
- Syntax: from 3 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
- IDN: yes
- Registration period: 1 to 10 years
- Third-level domain: no
- Private registration: yes, with RegistryServer's Private Domain Registration service
|Introduced||January 1, 1985|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
|Intended use||Network infrastructure|
|Actual use||ISPs; miscellaneous sites; used sometimes when desired name is not available in .com|
|Structure||Registrations at second level permitted|
|Documents||RFC 1591; ICANN registry agreement|
|Registry Website||Verisign .net Registry|